Tuesday 19 November 2013

Cautious Anna says he didn't speak to Kejriwal as his phone is being tapped

Arvind Kejriwal and Anna Hazare
Veteran anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday launched a veiled attack on the UPA government alleging that his phone was under surveillance.

Talking to Headlines Today, the Gandhian said he refrained from speaking to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal and wrote him a letter instead to avoid the tapping of his phone.

"I did not speak with Arvind Kejriwal on phone because my phone is being tapped. I am very cautious, so I wrote letter to Arvind," Hazare said, adding, "There is no one stopping Arvind from meeting me."

He, however, said that he expected Kejriwal to directly communicate with him through letter rather than addressing his concerns before media or social media. "Arvind should not have gone open with the letter I had written to him," Hazare said.

He also questioned AAP's claims to ensure a strong Lokpal, saying, "How can Arvind bring Lokpal in Vidhan Sabha? He brought out pamphlets saying they will bring Lokpal."

Hazare feigned ignorance about protester Nachiketa, who had heckled Kejriwal at a press conference in Delhi on Monday claiming to be a BJP worker and supporter of the Gandhian. "I don't know who this Nachiketa is... I have never met him. I don't know him," he said.

"If I try to bring down Arvind or defame him then other parties will benefit. I am not doing any such thing... Kumar Vishwas (AAP leader) wanted me to give in writing that Arvind is good, but I refused," he said.

"I am against political parties. There is no provision in constitution also. I will never support any party or individual... There is no democracy in the country," Hazare said.

"Change can be brought only through andolan and not by political parties. Movement is the future of this country," he said.

Hazare, however, said, "I have no opposition to Arvind forming a party... What difference does it make with one more party when there are so many others?"

"Arvind is a nice person and honest... There are no differences between us, but my doubts should be cleared," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment